I got invited to the SWEETEST blogger lunch by Megan of Healthy Grocery Girl and we did a full apple-themed menu in partnership with and featuring Autumn Glory Apples.
Honestly, it was so nice at 32 weeks pregnant to get ASKED to create an apple recipe because they are all I have been craving the last several weeks with baby boy. Between this recipe and all the apple almond milk oatmeal I’ve been eating, this babe is going to come out shiny and red I think.
One of the sweetest things about this lunch was that it was with all local bloggers in my area in and around Glendora, California. Megan of Healthy Grocery Girl and I were joined by Victoria of the The Blonde Budget, Kelly of KellyChakerian.com, and Lindsay of The Toasted Pine Nut.
Summer Apple, Avocado, Blackberry, Spinach & Goat Cheese Salad With Honey Balsamic Viniagrette
- 2-3 medium apples
- 1 avocado
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz spinach or other leafy greens
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (optional if you are going dairy free)
Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and peper to taste
- Layer spinach, sliced or diced avocado, whole blackberries, diced apples, sliced almonds crumbled goat cheese in a large bowl for the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and rice wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper in small increments and adjust the ingredients as necessary until it tastes how you like it!
This is SUCH an easy recipe that would wow any crowd for a summer potluck, picnic or lunch event. Plus, I love that it marries a little bit of sweet (apple, blackberry) and savory (goat cheese, almonds and avocado).